TokieTokin
A
HI as some of you know I'm 46 and have fast growing cataracts without insurance I was thinking of running a fundraiser to get it fixed maybe do a 24 hour stream or something if I can set it all up before I lose all of my sight I was wondering if anyone had any experience tips for such a thing Thanks
05:49 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Katie M
A
In response to TokieTokin.
I echoed this so more could see it. You might want to consider using #hashtags in your spouts to increase their visibility. People search for topics they're interested in with themE.g. #cataracts #fundraising #fundraiser #medical #Help #mutualaid #Blind #vision #VisionLoss The #LionsClub might help
06:02 AM - Apr 06, 2023
TokieTokin
A
In response to Katie M.
Thank you so very much, I have contacted the local lions club they are going to help some but they can not do much unfortunately, they where the only one to offer help at all so when I get this behind me I will be putting efforts into helping them as much as I can. Again thank you so very much
06:06 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Katie M
A
Echo my spouts. There's no algorithm. The more a spout is echoed, the more it's seen. Also, you might want to put your state & town/city/area in your spout. People may know of local resources. Ask your library. for directories of charities. Try med schools, MDs w/o Borders, ophthalmologist assns.❤️
06:29 AM - Apr 06, 2023
TokieTokin
A
In response to Katie M.
Thank you again Im not great at social media yet. in Texas so not much help in the way of expanded Medicare or such, going to email U of H thereis a surgery department there and see what they say but reading the site I don't hold much hope but Im not giving up just yet. Thank you for taking the time
06:38 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Katie M
A
Professional association for ophthalmologists in Texas. Contact them to see about charity/reduced fee https://www.texaseyes.org/

Here's all the medical schools teaching ophthalmology in Texas. Medical schools need patients. See if any will help.
https://edurank.org/medicine/ophthalmology/texas
07:17 AM - Apr 06, 2023
TokieTokin
A
In response to Katie M.
Wow thank you so much I will spend the day doing this. I can not even come close to thanking you enough.
07:27 AM - Apr 06, 2023
Katie M
A
I really hope you are able to find and afford the care you need. Are there any free clinics in your area? They may not have opthamalogrists on staff but could have connections. Good luck!
02:34 PM - Apr 06, 2023
TokieTokin
A
In response to Katie M.
There are not but i have found some place to contact in the stuff you sent and have emails out to a few of the schools it is a huge help
05:42 PM - Apr 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}