LynnK
A
We owe the German people a heartfelt apology. For decades we criticized, ridiculed and blamed them for the fascism that overtook their country. And today in Tenn, democratic members were expelled from the legislature because republicans didn’t like what they had to say. We are in trouble in America
05:01 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Sabine
A
In response to LynnK.
No, you don´t owe an apology for something that is solely our responsibility.
But our expertise was ridiculed. Since 2016 then the uneasiness over here grew to a point where you couldn´t avoid the word fascism any more (Sascha Lobo in 2019 being the first journalist). But no one seemed to heed.
06:10 PM - Apr 06, 2023 (Edited)
LynnK
A
In response to LynnK.
What I mean is we now see how easy it is for fascism to take over. Lots of good people here, pushing back, and yet we are losing our rights by the day.
06:09 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Marie Ceselski
A
In response to LynnK.
Maybe I am misunderstanding what you wrote, but it sounds like you're saying someone other than the German people were to blame for the rise of Adolph Hitler and fascism in Germany. Surely, that's not what you meant.
05:51 PM - Apr 06, 2023
junerose32
B
In response to LynnK.
Yes! This! How could it have happened, what was wrong with them!? All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for ood people to stand by and do nothing.
05:27 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Jane Lockhart
A
In response to LynnK.
I still love Eddie Izzard's Dressed to Kill bit on this where he says about Ger. and Jap., "Chill out everybody, we've been there."
05:04 PM - Apr 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}