Tim Wise
A
Rather than boycott Tennessee, every progressive organization should have conventions here, in Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, or Knoxville. Take over the streets, sponsor drag shows nightly & turn out in force to let the right know this isn't going to be their MAGA playground
12:04 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Carolyn Reese
A
In response to Tim Wise.
I like the Boycot better
02:16 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Tim Wise
A
In response to Carolyn Reese.
But it won't do anything. Not coming to TN or conventioning here only hurts the cities represented by the expelled lawmakers. And the GOP doesn't care about them. They're trying to starve the cities of money. They won't change anything due to a boycott. Progressives need to flood the state
02:18 PM - Apr 07, 2023
KevinC
A
In response to Tim Wise.
When in Memphis, don't miss the Duck Walk at the Peabody Hotel Bar, and visit Stax and Sun Records. And eat some barbecue.
01:39 PM - Apr 07, 2023
WestPark Guy
A
In response to Tim Wise.
I live in TN. Don't come here! Period!

Every dime spent here gives Republicans the confidence to commit these fascist acts

You want to support us? Cut off all conventions, college sports tournaments, etc... coming to Tennessee

The TNGOP ONLY cares about money, not the people here

#Tennes
01:24 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to WestPark Guy.
Its a difficult question.

Boycotting, on a large enough scale, may pressure them. But it will hurt a lot of people who did no wrong- including the people they're targeting.
07:40 AM - Apr 08, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Tim Wise.
Meantime- support these lawmakers and sue the f0ck out of the TN state house- they belong IN THE OFFICE THE PEOPLE ELECTED THEM TO https://spoutible.com/thread/4364653
12:58 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Tim Wise.
yours is the 2nd "don't boycott tn" spout i've seen today. as i responded to that one, economic boycotts WORK. no one cares till they feel it in their campaign coffers & wallets. how about someone on the ground set up a boycott fund that we can contribute to? like a strike fund to support blues?
12:48 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Patrice Brost O'Rourke
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
01:05 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Remo
A
In response to Tim Wise.
I could almost agree with you but the state has taken control of all the major city venues and would profit from events and such. And pressure on businesses headquartered in a state has been effective to change state policies.
12:34 PM - Apr 07, 2023
South Cackalacky Scholar
A
In response to Tim Wise.
I do think this would be more effective in the long run.
12:24 PM - Apr 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}