CPfromCA
A
Friends other places don't understand.

Nashville is very blue. But state-wide Republicans out number Democrats by 2 to 1 (give or take). What the Republican super-majority is doing is basically disefranchising the residents of Nashville & Memphis.
Nina L. Diamond @ninatypewriter
A reminder that we don't live in a country, we live in a collection of states and, sadly, there's nothing he can do about this and so many other issues:
Biden blasts Tennessee GOP for expulsion of Tennessee House Democrats who spoke out against school shootings
11:19 AM - Apr 07, 2023
01:59 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Dennis Acosta
A
In response to CPfromCA.
That is the impression but not the truth although I understand the point you're trying to make. Voter registration is 48% GOP, 38% Democrat, the rest are Independent. With such a closeness in the numbers, there is no reason for a 75% GOP supermajority except for gerrymandering. Ditto in WI and OH.
02:30 PM - Apr 07, 2023
oceandrop
A
In response to CPfromCA.
To your point about Nashville - I posted this earlier on my page(though no one seems to have noticed).
It's a screenshot of a tweet illustrating the gerrymandered districts around that city:
02:08 PM - Apr 07, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to oceandrop.
I was screaming about this on Twitter AT LEAST as long ago as early 2022 when new districts were released & Nashville's former (Dem) Rep retired because he didn't think he could win in any of the 3 districts Nashville was split up & tacked onto.

No one paid attention. Too busy following FL.
02:21 PM - Apr 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}