Neil Gaiman
A
Back when I was on the board of the CBLDF I got very used to the idea of comics material for adults being challenged by people who thought comics were for kids. The idea of books aimed at children being challenged just because they had positive black characters was unimaginable. The world's changed.
12:03 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Mark BK
A
In response to Neil Gaiman.
In art school remember when Watchman came out...My friends comic, graffiti artists. got it....and one was at WW3 for yrs. That and Darknight made them realize Comics evolved.
07:31 PM - Apr 22, 2023
Terra Windham
A
How utterly asinine and disgusting.
When I interviewed kids applying to our school "New Kid" was the favorite book of so many. They definitely convinced me to put it on my tbr list with their enthusiastic descriptions.
08:46 AM - Apr 22, 2023
K Ray
A
Book bans against any, and all "graphic novels" demonstrates how the book banners are so clueless. They assume graphic means "sexually graphic" and don't realize that graphic novels = comic books, as in telling a story through pictures...a stepping stone to higher level reading materials.
08:42 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
One of my recent posts had this same illustration problem, with this same low-res image. I've submitted a problem report on it.
04:07 PM - Apr 08, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
Have you noticed how ALL articles from the Washington Post are displaying the SAME image and is entirely unrelated to the story?
12:09 PM - Apr 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}