Penny
A
Still chaps my ass, too, especially the Bernie fan boys and Democrats who fell for the Right Wing smear machine...idiots.
Catherine Dryden @CathyAnneLiz
I’m pissed at everyone who couldn’t bother to vote for Hillary all over again.
07:50 PM - Apr 07, 2023
07:51 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Happy Chaos
A
In response to Penny.
I was hesitant at first about Hillary in the primaries, and it took months to realize that a lifetime of right wing attacks on her had affected even me. I analyzed my opinions & found out the facts didn't support them. Misogynistic brainwashing runs deep, and not just with conservatives.
08:02 PM - Apr 07, 2023
Penny
A
In response to Happy Chaos.
You are not the only one, unfortunately, who was suckered into accepting the Republican narrative about her. I'm so glad you were able to look at it objectively and rationally to see the truth. I'm old enough to remember when the smear campaign against her began.
03:16 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Happy Chaos
A
I'm old enough too. Which is probably where the roots of the distrust lie. There was so much negativity about her in the press that I think it must have internalized at a formative she for me. Not conspiracy stuff, just a general distrust. It's easy to oversimplify opinions that should be complex
In response to Penny.
11:46 PM - Apr 09, 2023
Penny
A
In response to Happy Chaos.
Republicans are very skilled at driving a narrative. They instruct all the Right Wing talking heads to stay on the talking point of the day and repeat it ad nauseum. It's a form of brainwashing and just about everyone is susceptible.
12:09 AM - Apr 11, 2023
Happy Chaos
A
In response to Penny.
Well said! Absolutely true. And if we think we're not susceptible to brain washing (from any source we are at all open to) is when we're most vulnerable to it.
04:25 PM - Apr 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}