Chad Schobert, O.D.
A
One of the most harrowing parts of living in Idaho is how insistent the GOP is on reinforcing their delusions. They are working on bills to destroy absentee voting, voting w/ college ID's and ballot initiatives even though no voter fraud has taken place. Naked gaslighting to suppress voting.
11:04 AM - Feb 09, 2023
Sonia C
A
In response to Chad Schobert, O.D..
Idaho is such a beautiful state. Unfortunately there are some isolated areas that harbor white supremisist . This is sadly true for most all states now that the sentiment feels empowered. Hopefully we can all support Blue campaigns and good candidates that will protect our Democracy. 💙
11:10 AM - Feb 09, 2023
Chad Schobert, O.D.
A
In response to Sonia C.
I grew up in Hayden only a few miles away from the Aryan Nations compound and while its been gone 20 yrs, I feel the white supremacy is the worst its been. Far too many conservatives who like their privilege right where it is.
11:37 AM - Feb 09, 2023
Sonia C
A
Wow! They’ve definitely become more vocal for sure. I think the trump years put kerosene on the embers and made it more acceptable to be a vocal racist. Just my opinion.
11:44 AM - Feb 09, 2023
Chad Schobert, O.D.
A
You are spot on, I miss the days when being a bigot was intrinsically shameful.
In response to Sonia C.
06:55 PM - Feb 09, 2023
Sonia C
A
I know! I am my parents! Never dreamed I’d ever say,”Oh, for the good ole days.”
I just long for the days of civil discourse, intelligent conversations and decorum. It seems like so many are trying to see who is going to cause the most disruption and shock to get more media attention.😔
12:33 AM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}