Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
I keep trying to wrap my head around the take that that Kentucky Shooter didn't "fit the image of a mass murderer..." Now they want to frame it as there is a level of income that stops over privileged white men from mass violence. Can we stop pushing this bs already?
09:26 AM - Apr 11, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
What the Hell is the "image" of a shooter?
10:06 PM - Apr 11, 2023
srf_va
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
I tried substituting the word "stereotype" for "image" and it suddenly made sense. I'm not remotely suggesting that's a good thing.
11:06 PM - Apr 11, 2023
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
Apparently people still believe the myth that a good life is enough to stop a disturbed mind from being that way. Or ignore that the over privileged tend to be the worse at handling any sort of pressure or change.
09:34 AM - Apr 12, 2023
Joni6137
B
Rich or poor the common dominator is a white male, 18-30 and able to get a weapon of war.
10:00 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Ground Control
A
An ongoing stereotype, that...going back to when idiots thought school shootings would stay in the inner city. Andrew Vachss knew better, wrote a novel called A Bomb Built In Hell that climaxes with a school shooting in 1972.
04:40 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Dee Nelson
A
He's a white man, that makes him the image of a mass shooter. Rich or poor, doesn't matter.
10:46 AM - Apr 11, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
Smh. Wasn't the Las Vegas shooter a wealthy white guy?
09:52 AM - Apr 11, 2023
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Exactly and the whole idea its just poor white men is ridiculous. The common denominator is right there in front to them but they want to act like we all shouldn't pay attention to the very obvious part.
09:57 AM - Apr 11, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
They act like we don't see it.
09:36 AM - Apr 11, 2023
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
I swear the eye roll some of this reporting gives me. The nerve to, they get our ancestral side eye.
09:58 AM - Apr 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}