Phil Schnyder
A
Would be lovely to see a democratic mayor in Jacksonville #jaxpol #jaxtwitter
04:48 PM - Apr 11, 2023
NetMaven 🐠🐠
A
In response to Phil Schnyder.
And the good news is:
On May 16, 2023, the people of Jacksonville elected Donna Deegan (D) to serve as the city’s next mayor. Mayor Deegan officially took office on July 1, 2023.
And she's the first female mayor of Jacksonville! 💙
12:22 PM - Jul 17, 2023
Donna Bratton
A
Donna runs a hugely popular annual event for breast cancer (she's a 3X survivor). Her opponent tried to get it shut down this year because it might get her undue publicity in his opinion. It blew up in his face. What, you're against a charity for breast cancer? It cost him.
10:07 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Donna Bratton
A
This will be a great direction. Duval County is a Democratic voting area that new gerrymander maps have neutralized. I hoped Donna would beat John Rutherford for Congress in 2020 but as Jax mayor, she will be a force.
10:02 PM - Apr 11, 2023
brash
A
In response to Donna Bratton.
Yes. I am Down in Daytona, but I get up there JAX and a friend votes there. Talk it up, friend! Love it. Thank you!
09:56 AM - Apr 13, 2023
CPfromCA
A
I know 2 people who live in Jacksonville. One of them NEVER votes, the other, hardly ever & (IMO) he's a misogynist & would never vote for a woman.

I can only hope the next generation is better.
05:06 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Ellen Mahoney
A
In response to CPfromCA.
I live in Jax and everyone I know is voting for Donna. She came VERY close to winning in the initial vote. Her door-to-door volunteers are doing a great job.
08:48 AM - Apr 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}