Martha Crawford
A
My earlier spout about men shitting on things that teenage girls and old women like - reminded me of this grotesquely sexist/ableist review of ebikes i

on the rail trails around town I see older women and disabled people THRILLED on their ebikes, but this abled man has to shit on their joy
11:33 PM - Apr 11, 2023 (Edited)
Miriam
A
In response to Martha Crawford.
Some of them are so insecure, threatened and full of hate.
11:02 AM - Apr 12, 2023
M Briatack
A
Cyclist here. It's a personal joy to see ANYONE on ANY type of bike. There are challenged riders on my usual bike paths who ride modified bikes, some that use their arms to pedal. It's beautiful to see the happiness that riding in any form, brings them. I have no use for snobby cyclists.
12:32 AM - Apr 12, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to M Briatack.
I have some mild paralysis/nerve damage through my right hip leg and foot from cancer, and haven’t been able to ride for years until I got an ebike and its been pure joy!

Except for a certain kind of man on a ten speed who regularly get annoyed if I pass them and yell: “Ebikes are CHEATING”
09:20 AM - Apr 12, 2023
renay
A
I couldn’t even finish this piece it was making me so angry. I can’t believe The Atlantic pays this toolbag for his opinions.
11:48 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to renay.
Right? No one noticed how abelist and sexist and "survival of the fittest" it was?
11:51 PM - Apr 11, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
They just refuse to accept that women & disabled people are PEOPLE, with just as much right to exist & thrive on this planet as anyone else!! Ableist assholes are why we STILL don't have equitable accommodations for most disabilities!
Selfish twunts, the lot of 'em.
11:40 PM - Apr 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}