hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
I spent most of my childhood/teenage years with my nose in a book. Reading was my escape; books gave me life. I literally cannot imagine growing up without a library loaded with books. The thought makes me sick, and so very sad for children in places where libraries are under attack.
02:08 AM - Apr 12, 2023
Rebecca E
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Just followed you as we are kindred library and book people. The thought of not having something to read stops me in my tracks. Started reading online in the lockdown, bought a laptop and now enjoying a lot more books while supporting my libraries (I have three online library cards) online.
02:45 PM - Apr 14, 2023
A
In response to Rebecca E.
Book people are the best people :)
03:23 PM - Apr 14, 2023
TheLadyRed
A
it was absolutely life-saving for me. the only place I was able to escape the abuse at home and the bullying at school... I weep for the kids who won't have that sanctuary.
02:43 PM - Apr 14, 2023
A
In response to TheLadyRed.
It's amazing how many people can say they were saved in some way by books.
03:21 PM - Apr 14, 2023
EdaIris??
A
Me too. The library was my fantasy land. I loved going there and my parents never stopped me. The librarian was my friend. Ms. Smith knew what I liked to read and usually had new books ready for me when I showed up to return the ones I had. The world would be a sad place without libraries and books.
05:47 AM - Apr 12, 2023
A
In response to EdaIris??.
I love hearing about wonderful librarians like your Ms. Smith!

Kids need stories. We all need stories! I'm grateful to live in a state where our libraries aren't being threatened. I need to find out how to help places where their libraries are.
12:32 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
02:34 AM - Apr 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}