mizmaxgordon
A
Proposed rules could lead to 67% of all car and truck sales to be EVs by 2032, EPA says, but some automakers are wary of the timeline.
10:38 AM - Apr 12, 2023
Renee Sch
A
In response to mizmaxgordon.
I’m more worried about how we are going to make all that electricity. The grid is already stretched thin in a lot of places!
10:41 AM - Apr 12, 2023
Tricia Williams
A
In response to Renee Sch.
It's possible. Actually the batteries in EVs can be useful to the grid. Utilities are working on it. Would help if Americans wouldn't waste so much energy . . .
12:15 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Renee Sch
A
In response to Tricia Williams.
I mean sure but we have to plan things around reality, not “what would help”.

My local area is highly populated and recently shut down a power plant. We have issues getting natural gas as well. I honestly don’t know how they’re gonna deal with cars plugged in everywhere!
12:17 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Tricia Williams
A
I work for an energy association that represents all energy and have heard from many utilties and independent system operators. The beauty of EVs is they mostly charge at night when demand is low . . . and their batteries can be used during the day as a generation source for grid issues.
12:35 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Renee Sch
A
Awesome! Good to know somebody in the field. I swear on the ground it looks like they’re just making it up as they go along, and sadly the legal monopoly situation doesn’t help.
Do companies disclose where they “get” their energy from? Can I look it up?
12:37 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Tricia Williams
A
Yes! You can look it up easily. Company's annual report or google companyX generation mix. You can even go to the meetings and advocate for renewables - no one ever attends their state regulatory commission meetings where these generation plans have to be approved . . .
12:40 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Renee Sch
A
Ohhhhh. I can take my FIL. He’s a retired environmental engineer!

Oddly not big on “save the planet” stuff, but very big on making stuff work.
12:43 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Tricia Williams
A
NARUC.org can direct you to your state's energy regulatory commission website. Bit of a maze but there are hearings on a variety of issues.
12:48 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Renee Sch
A
Oh if I can navigate PubMed circa 1999 I can navigate this. Thank you!
12:50 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Tricia Williams
A
No problem! Would love for more citizens to get involved. Climate change work needs to start at the local level. Probably should start with cows, lol.
12:53 PM - Apr 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}