Robert Reich
A
Airline ticketing fees. Concert fees. Bank overdraft fees. Fees for everything.

Corporations call them “convenience fees” or “service fees.” Probably because they “conveniently” “serve” to pad their bottom lines, costing Americans at least $29 billion per year.

It’s all a huge scam.
You’re Not Alone. Everybody Hates Junk Fees | Robert Reich - YouTube

Airline ticketing fees. Concert fees. Bank overdraft fees. Fees for everything.Corporations call them “convenience fees” or “service fees.” Probably because ...

07:12 PM - Apr 12, 2023
MADoverPolitics
A
In response to Robert Reich.
Fees that I remember putting on the books under Cost Of Doing Business are now passed along to the customer. Companies are now stock companies working to please the earnings calls with Wall Street. No interest in the customer or product anymore.
05:49 PM - Aug 17, 2023
Dale Schultz
A
electricity company charging a delivery fee.
Yes, I know there are multiple 'suppliers', but its all just mental games. The utility company just pads the delivery fee to match whatever their economic efficiency.
09:02 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Yuri Cartier
A
This, alongside the premiumization of everything, drives me bonkers. Late stage capitalism never takes a break from pissing on your back and telling you it’s raining.
09:14 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Archie Leach
A
In response to Yuri Cartier.
THIS! Seems there's no regular level of anything anymore. It's all "luxed up" except it's not. Luxury is marketing not the experience. Recently stayed at a higher end hotel. Almost no one using the lux amenities except the cafe. But it was understaffed so most of us left for McD breakfast!
07:50 AM - Jul 30, 2023
David Fortin
A
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band - Something For Nothing (Official Video) - YouTube

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band's official music video for "Something For Nothing" from the album, Between The Ditches - available now on SideOneDummy Re...

07:47 PM - Apr 12, 2023
D C
B
I'm waiting for the Fee processing fee
07:31 PM - Apr 12, 2023
Carla Vivarttas
B
I love your lectures.
07:16 PM - Apr 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}