Markus
A
We're now a week away from April 20th.
While in the US the day is referred to as 4/20 (followed by some knowing giggles), in Austria (and to a lesser extent in Germany), the day is known as Hitler's birthday.
02:08 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Markus
A
It's not a day for celebration, of course, it's not a national holiday. This year, it's just a Thursday.

There is, however, a shameful tradition amongst the pubs and restaurants in Austria. Not all follow them, but it's good to keep an eye out for something:
In response to Markus.
02:09 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Markus.
My dear (then 18YO) cousin shot himself on this day (for several reasons, but we think he did it at 4:20 on 4/20 as a HaHa on the universe). I’ve, therefore, never been hip to this date’s celebration: this cements it😢
02:14 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Markus
A
In response to Kinzie Mat.
I am so sorry for your loss 😢
06:00 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Markus
A
In response to Markus.
See if they serve egg noodles & salad as their special of the day.
It's a very unassuming dish. But, according to legend, this was Hitler's favorite meal.

So we still got people who celebrate Hitler's birthday. They'll say they didn't know. That they have egg noodles on rotation. It's "irony".
02:11 AM - Apr 13, 2023 (Edited)
Markus
A
In response to Markus.
That may have been true at some point.
But if you do and say something and people point out what the thing you said or did actually means and you still keep doing and saying that....
What does that make you?
02:12 AM - Apr 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}