Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
When YOU add an image to your Spout, you see the ALT TEXT overlay... RIGHT?

That's for people using Screen Readers.

Those friends either can't see or need help processing YOUR image. Without #AltText your spout is MEANINGLESS to them.

#a11y #accessibility #spoutibletips
07:46 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Peter G Mitchell 😎.
I've been working at not forgetting to give a description. It only takes a minute and it will really help someone.
10:56 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Kate Greenough
A
Since my posts are mostly my daily art, which I started doing so I could avoid talking about my pictures, does this apply? What would be useful or inviting? Do you have any pointers or resources?
Thanks for bringing this up, it never occurred to me to ask about it.
12:57 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
In response to Kate Greenough.
Some, not just visually impaired, can't see or even process images, so they use a Screen Reader.

When the Screen Reader gets to an image with no Alt Text... there's nothing to read! It might just say "image."

#AltText is a brief description of the image. If there's text in the image, include i
01:06 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Squidly
A
Thank you for continuously reminding because I for one, keep forgetting. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be. Thank you.
09:45 PM - Apr 13, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
I didn't know. Love it
12:30 PM - Apr 13, 2023
VictoriaLandis
A
Huh. I haven't seen that. I am curious, too, bc I see your posts & did wonder 'how?' to do that. I'll check my dots drop down & see if it's there.
07:53 AM - Apr 13, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
In response to VictoriaLandis.
Mine is the Android (which I despise) experience... it should be the same on Apple and the desktop version.

I'll add, I'm still using a browser, right? 😎
07:57 AM - Apr 13, 2023 (Edited)
ML Hart
A
Yes to this - nice to see people advocating and/or curious about adding ALT text to images and initial-capping hashtags - good habits to get into
I periodically pin a tweet to my feed with this how-to link:
https://supercooldesign.co...
07:50 AM - Apr 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}