Aisha Opinionated Hijabi
A
I’m in a Facebook group of Muslim converts and white Americans are SO closed minded about Islam that a dozen women are on a thread saying they hide being Muslims because their family would be horrid, disown them, etc. #NoHate
12:29 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Lisa Oney
A
In response to Aisha Opinionated Hijabi.
I am so sorry! I do my best as a public educator to teach my students that we have more commonalities than differences. I try to show them the humanity in us all. I teach Kdg and we discuss the traditions of all of our classmates, including our Muslim friends. We’ll discuss Eid next week! 🌙
12:35 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Aisha Opinionated Hijabi
A
It makes such a difference! My friend, a college instructor of teachers includes a panel on diversity. We ❤️ seeing supportive teachers in the world. In California, more than half of Muslim students report bullying & discrimination. Thank you for teaching well rounded, inclusive curriculum. 💝
In response to Lisa Oney.
12:42 AM - Apr 14, 2023
Lisa Oney
A
In response to Aisha Opinionated Hijabi.
It absolutely should be the “norm” to teach inclusivity! How any teacher can allow bullying and racism is beyond me and I call it out any time I see it. We have to speak out and support all of our students. Our own humanity depends on that!
12:47 AM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}