Alberto Pastor
A
Classic movie #17 : The great escape (1963)
Based on a true story, this WWII film has the ingredients to catch us for almost 3 hours : Allies vs nazis, adventure, drama, comedy, suspense ... Great casting and moving story for a good old war film ⚾🏍️
Share and leave a comment if you want 💚
#Movies
12:33 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Guilty!
A
My grandfather was a POW in WWII and actually tried to escape several times and was beaten and tortured each time he was caught. He was a POW for much of the war. Finally rescued by the Red Cross when the war ended, he had lost nearly 100 lbs and suffered from malnutrition and other diseases .
In response to Alberto Pastor.
01:26 PM - Apr 14, 2023 (Edited)
Alberto Pastor
A
In response to Guilty!.
Reality always exceeds movies, sure he lived incredible and very tough times, and probably he had difficult stories to tell when he was rescued. When I watch these movies sometimes I think of the real people who suffered (and keep suffering right now) on wars. Thanks for your story 💚
01:47 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Guilty!
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
He did live an incredible life. He suffered immensely and the psychological suffering never really ended. He didn't talk much about his experience and most of what I know I learned through my grandmother, my mother, and uncles. He occasionally answered my questions graciously when I was growing up.
02:08 PM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}