Bowerydoll
A
No matter what the white nationalist GOP tries to do, the momentum of memory will not be stopped. This is how we got here. Their lives mattered. They were beloved by their communities. So many of these unheard stories still echo in families across this country. Listen. Never. Stop. Learning.💡📚📚📚
05:46 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
Somebody on NPR today; "I get tired of seeing Ur money with the pictures of White slaveholders on it - It's Not Ok!" So much is not Ok for Black Americans who are, out of the White supremacist need for a neck stand on, endure racist behavior every day.
07:23 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Ashanti- Na.
Every. Damn. Day. The exhaustion and weathering stress hits us on so many deep, destructive levels on the daily and, still, we keep pushing on and surviving in spite of it all. Our ancestors are with us at every step.
07:35 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Ashanti- Na
A
I was 20 yrs.-old when the last lynching took place 1968. Hardly a faint echo of remembered trauma, only recently one Southern state legislator proposed "Hanging (From a tree!)" as a legal method of execution. Message sent & received. Constant terror is the daily currency of racist oppression.
06:52 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Ashanti- Na.
Serious truth🔥 Rhere have been a number of "suspicious" deaths of Black men found hanging in trees in several southern states, but all we get form the national white media is crickets. History is rhyming, but folks aren't paying attention.
07:13 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
How ANY human being could ever possibly read these stories, see the images of fellow human beings being lynched in these mob settings & not be completely sickened by the fact that there are currently white people in this country who'd be all too gleeful to pick up where these horrors stories ended..
06:17 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Serious truth🔥🔥🔥
06:25 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Ashanti- Na
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
There were/are gruesome postcards of these "Carnival like" events, to traumatic for me to show here, that American White people shared, saved and still collect.
06:59 PM - Apr 14, 2023
MinisterX
A
Once Rod Serling began a Twilight Zone monologue by saying “imagine living in the world being run by psychopaths” my immediate thought was, I’m a black person living in America, who has to imagine?
06:12 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to MinisterX.
Amen, luv🖐🏾🔥🔥🔥🔥Our ancestors lived it. We and our families still live it. Just another day to hold on to our wellness, self-respect, identities and more...and keep pushing and thriving through the upside-down insanity. Just another day.
06:31 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
WE will keep magnifying the REAL, full American history. No one can silence an army of truth-tellers.
06:01 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Connie Hewitt.
🖐🏾🔥🔥🔥🔥
06:06 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
05:46 PM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}