Mr. Fancypants
A
Everyone, what is your favorite way to prepare and serve leafy green vegetables and the like? Things like chard, spinach, mustard and collard greens, Brussels sprouts, kale, etc.?

Please share your recipes with the rest of us.
07:17 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Fad BeALover-NotAHater
A
In response to Mr. Fancypants.
Most of them, I steam NOT blanched neither boiled so to retain all of the good nutrients in them

Then sautéed with lots of garlic and some ginger 🫚 in olive oil, shallots, tiny bit of salt 🧂 Sometimes I add a tiny bit of butter 🧈
07:24 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mr. Fancypants
A
In response to Fad BeALover-NotAHater.
What kind of steamer are you using? I need to get one.

I quickly sauté my spinach in a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil and shallots.
07:26 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Fad BeALover-NotAHater
A
I'm old-fashioned 😬

I use my colander in a pot of water bc a family member doesn't like veggies. Waste of money buying steamer

Your recipe is delish! 🥲

I'm becoming more conscious nowadays how to keep all the good nutrients. I mostly bake potatoes 🥔 too to keep their potassium to the max
07:37 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mr. Fancypants
A
Okay, thanks. I'm single so sometimes cooking for one and using gadgets (such as a steamer or a rice cooker) are a lot more trouble than they're worth. Simple is usually best.

For me, I'm going to give up on potatoes now that I found out I'm diabetic. Too starchy.

But I will suggest this: Af
07:43 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Fad BeALover-NotAHater
A
Yes, indeed this is the challenge when we're the only one eating. Better go old fashion.....

Oooh! This chili paste looks nice 😋 Kinda of Sriracha

I use fresh red Thai chili peppers 🌶 most of the time in my cooking. I buy them from Asian stores and freeze them. I like spicy foods 🥲
07:50 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Mr. Fancypants
A
I don't like things too spicy, so the Huy Fong is about my limit. I will toss Brussels sprouts or boiled potatoes in it and sometimes spoon it over a chicken breast and other things like that.
07:53 PM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}