Vince Scafaria
A
A friend asked "Do you think we should have universal basic income?"
(The context: AI putting pressure on jobs and wages)
My reply...
To me this is like asking "Do you think some people should be allowed to eat food and live indoors?"
I dispute the PREMISE...
11:20 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Vince Scafaria
A
In response to Vince Scafaria.
Forced to answer yes/no, I'd say yes, but the premise is flawed.
Every economy is part of a society. Society decides what's acceptable. When power compounds without any restraints (libertarianism), the elite are left wondering what to do about "those people"...
11:21 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Vince Scafaria
A
It might start as the bottom 50% but will keep growing because that's what exponential compounding of wealth and power (for those who have it) implies. One day you think you're indispensable and the next day, you're obsolete. Eventually, nearly everyone is a non-elite...
11:21 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Vince Scafaria
A
[now beyond what I texted my friend...]
Maybe today you're a lawyer or a programmer or a wealth manager. You feel like you're more closely aligned with billionaires (whose employ makes you moderately wealthy) than truck drivers. Sorry, you're a real person. And real people...
11:22 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Vince Scafaria
A
will all suffer together if we allow democratic institutions to decay and we allow those with the most wealth and power to compound it without end.
Should YOU be allowed to eat and live indoors?
Continued...
Vince Scafaria
A
Libertarian economics (which has polluted mainstream economic thinking for 40 years!) is incompatible with democracy. Here are 8 myths I learned to debunk after starting at Wharton and Wall Street and teaching 10,000 bankers, then finally understanding...
https://youtu.be/A7GB2hHj83w

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}