Andrea Junker
A
Let’s get this straight, once and for all: Hate speech is not free speech, it’s the perversion of free speech.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
Good morning to everyone except the racists who thought they could go full Nazi and were shown the virtual door.
07:46 AM - Apr 17, 2023
08:32 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Jackie Gonzalez
A
In response to Andrea Junker.
This is different. Trying to get used to it. No app. Log in from google each time? What am I missing?
11:06 AM - Apr 23, 2023
Manuel Lamiroy
A
Indeed, hate speech is a type of speech that falls outside of the realm of free speech
09:52 AM - Apr 18, 2023
Eddie Stewart
A
Say that!
09:30 AM - Apr 18, 2023
ffranny
A
Not exactly. Private entities can ban any speech they wish. Government, though, can and should ban and punish the *actions* that come from hate speech -- just not the speech itself. Even the most hateful speech must be protected in public, or we erode the protection of all other speech.
08:57 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Dani V
A
In response to ffranny.
In a free society, everybody gets their say. Pride month is coming up in June, and I want to see pride parades and the LGBT+ community enjoy themselves. That means that I have to put up with a few knuckleheads who want to have their white power rally as well.
09:45 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
Just s few days ago while shopping i there was a man wearing a red shirt that said in big bold black letters “Make America Great-Kill all Democrats”. i am stunned by this. While i believe in free speech doesn’t this cross the line into hate speech?
08:56 AM - Apr 17, 2023
ffranny
A
In response to Arthur Grupp.
It may be hate speech, but if he's in a public place and not urging immediate action, then he has the same constitutional right to wear that shirt as one that says, "I hate Mondays." If he's on private property, however, then the owners have the right to kick him out or make him change his shirt.
09:00 AM - Apr 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}