janmiguel
A
Gave ChatGPT a try today and interestingly enough, part of the results it gave me was taken from a text I wrote for another product that's already live somewhere on Amazon. My takeaway is do not use this for your school essays because plagiarism is a possibility.
12:00 PM - Apr 17, 2023
ChrisKetch
A
In response to janmiguel.
I like using ChatGPT to help me circle around and pinpoint ideas. Like when I am thinking of something, ChatGPT helps me find the right words or language for what I'm trying to say. But I do not use it to actually write for me, because it always turns out very superficial.
04:50 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Iz Here
A
Interesting use of the word "possibility", but yeah...
04:09 PM - Apr 21, 2023
janmiguel
A
In response to Iz Here.
Sorry it was the best I could come up at that moment 🥴 But I truly hope people don't use this to "write" essays.
06:27 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Mark BK
A
You might be interested in this article.
https://www.washingtonpost...
03:13 PM - Apr 21, 2023
janmiguel
A
In response to Mark BK.
Thank you for sharing! I have it ready to read on my break.
03:46 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Sitara 68
A
Big tech is trying to sell this as the next big thing that will take over our live and jobs, but it's just a mimic. It's not writing brand new haiku's or doing anything unique. All of the inputs for AI come from US. I use BingAI for writing programs, but it isn't always correct.
03:10 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Doug S
A
As a lifelong educator who believes in public ed’s imperative role in sustaining and promoting a pluralistic democracy, the use of chatgpt and its ilk in schools is cause for tremendous concern. Largely because it further perpetuates the development of a populous who can’t think. Or communicate.
03:00 PM - Apr 21, 2023 (Edited)
janmiguel
A
In response to Doug S.
It really does take away analytical thinking used in writing and expressing one's thoughts.
03:52 PM - Apr 21, 2023
EricWhaite
A
its like having a person to bounce thoughts off of...is it perfect? No. Essays, no. But, you can ask it questions to clarify your thoughts to help you do things (such as writing good prompts etc).
02:58 PM - Apr 21, 2023
janmiguel
A
In response to EricWhaite.
That's a good way to use it especially for people working alone from home.
03:54 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
02:50 PM - Apr 21, 2023
janmiguel
A
In response to Jasmine A..
I wouldn't even know where to begin if I did my essays that way.

- the girl who outlines every idea until the outline becomes the actual essay and the task becomes: make these phrases and sentences cohesive and grammatically correct. LOL
03:56 PM - Apr 21, 2023
SuzInKS
A
ChatGPT indicates that i doesn't contain information after 2021
02:35 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Scott Gill
A
Yes, it's a high probability in fact.

It can yield great clues for further research though, things that perhaps you may not have thought of.

If you're curious about LLMs and transformers, this is an excellent and very accessible overview.

https://youtu.be/SZorAJ4I-...
Transformers, explained: Understand the model behind GPT, BERT, and T5 - YouTube

Dale’s Blog → https://goo.gle/3xOeWoKClassify text with BERT → https://goo.gle/3AUB431Over the past five years, Transformers, a neural network architecture, ...

02:32 PM - Apr 21, 2023
janmiguel
A
In response to Scott Gill.
Thank you for sharing, I'll check it out!
03:58 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Chofu Alum
A
It has sure helped make "googling" obsolete for so many things I used to google.
02:27 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Zach Mann
A
I’m way to old for essays but not to old to learn ChatGPT. It created a nice 3-day itinerary for an upcoming trip to Monterey, CA. 👍🏼😃
02:26 PM - Apr 21, 2023
janmiguel
A
In response to Zach Mann.
Oh that's a good way to use it! Thank you for this idea!
03:57 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}