Mark Jackson
A
I cannot imagine the stress, fear, and anxiety Black parents must feel trying to raise their children in this country.
09:17 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Brown Sugar BLM
A
In response to Mark Jackson.
This Right Here👇🏽
02:31 PM - Apr 18, 2024
James A Clark Jr
A
swim in a municipal swimming pool where white people swam. we really only saw white people on tv or at Catholic church the priest and nuns to assist him. They weren't prejudiced. But yes I can't imagine trying to raise children in this day and age.
03:27 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
We had the talk to never use that term to describe anyone because you might get killed. We never had be respectful of the police. In our neighborhood, we only had Black folks there. The policemen I met were good people. But them we lived in the county not the city proper where black folks were being
03:25 PM - Apr 20, 2023
James A Clark Jr
A
I can tell you that I couldn't imagine my folks trying to raise me now. It was a lot for them in the 1960's in Baltimore MD. My dad was in the US Army. One day they came home and I told them I saw a man as 'black as the telephone'. I was 5 in kindergarten. in 1961. We didn't have the talk about resp
03:23 PM - Apr 20, 2023
StephForJustice
A
Thank you so much for saying this. My 16 yo Black son looks just like Ralph Yarl and it has been hard to get through the days since this shooting. Yet my own privilege protects me so much from the worst of the disease of racism, I know. 💔
10:31 AM - Apr 18, 2023
Ericlo
A
"Fusing science and social justice, renowned public health researcher Dr. Arline T. Geronimus offers an urgent, "monumental" book (Ibram X. Kendi, author of Stamped from the Beginning) exploring the ways in which systemic injustice erodes the health of marginalized people."
12:23 AM - Apr 18, 2023
Lauren Ingall
A
I think about this all the time. I don't know how they handle it.
09:29 PM - Apr 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}