Chad Halliday
A
PSA: After decades of careful observation and deliberation, the experts are in agreement. PEOPLE LIKE SMOKING WEED! #LegalizeIt #amsterdam #cannabis

https://www.rawstory.com/amsterdam-seeking-to-curb-overtourism-bans-joints-in-public/
08:30 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Deb Lane
A
In response to Chad Halliday.
I went to Amsterdam in the 70’s. I still remember buying and smoking hash at a bar called the Milky Way with my friends and some Dutch and German kids. It was inconceivable to me this could happen. Fast forward 50 years and now I can legally grow my own at home.
08:55 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Chad Halliday
A
I was there in the 90s and it was similar - a #canniboasis if I may attempt a portmanteau? But now, Amsterdam is no longer a weed novelty because you can stay home for the same effect. Maybe that's good - maybe Amsterdam can come to be more appreciated for being a beautiful, historic city.
In response to Deb Lane.
09:07 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Deb Lane
A
In response to Chad Halliday.
I haven’t been back since then. I was in my early 20’s and met college friends over there. We were there for 2 days and we were more interested in going to check out the red light district and taking the Heineken tour at 9am then appreciating how beautiful the city is. Hope to go back one day.
09:48 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Chad Halliday
A
In response to Deb Lane.
Hahaha! Likewise! Your trip (no pun intended) sounded a lot like mine. I’ve really only learned about how much I missed there since being back and reading. We did make sure to stop to tour the Anne Frank house, but we otherwise spent our time tracking down various consumable substances.
09:59 AM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}