Jesse Brawner
A
Sunsetting social security is such a bizarre idea. What happens to the money? What happens to the people depending on it? What happens to the people that paid into it for their whole lives?

The complexity and severity of such an idea is lost on the people suggesting it. Or maybe it isn't...
09:34 AM - Feb 10, 2023 (Edited)
Yvette
A
In response to Jesse Brawner.
Many elderly and disabled people will
Literally DIE without Social Security. I predict a GREY TSUNAMI marching down Pennsylvania Avenue if they ever attempt it. Right now it will never pass the Senate. We can never let Republicans gain control of more than 1 branch of government at a time! 😝☮️
06:37 PM - Mar 29, 2023
Niki Or Nicole … In America
A
They’ve been wanting to get rid of this for years. Back in the 90s, my parents insisted the money wouldn’t be there when I was older. Honestly, I’d like to see a report on how much is brought in each year and how much goes out. I honestly don’t think this even contributes a ton to the deficit.
09:36 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Niki Or Nicole … In America
A
In response to Niki Or Nicole … In America.
Particularly when our defense spending is in the billions. This is just the gop wanting to torture the elderly and the underprivileged; it’s their platform.

They’ve always been against healthcare, so their crusade against Medicare doesn’t surprise me either.
09:37 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Terry Calvert
A
I’ve paid into it for 44 years.
09:36 AM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}