Doctor Michael
A
I’m exasperated by articles such as this!

The Republican playbook is pure evil. When you blame Democrats for their rat fuckery, and want them to act similarly, you are complicit. Period.
Jeff Tiedrich @jefftiedrich
I wrote a thing: "when the fuck are Democrats going to learn how to fight back" is today's topic, because I'm fucking exasperated and I'll bet you are, too. thanks for reading...
12:24 PM - Apr 20, 2023
05:09 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Just Piper
A
In response to Doctor Michael.
“Fighting back” doesn’t mean using evil in the fight. I agree with Jeff. We’re here because Dems traditionally have been weak. If you’re fighting evil, you can’t be a wimp. Yeah, the Dems need to fight harder! Screw the high road.
05:18 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
In response to Just Piper.
I don't think we've traditionally been weak. I think traditionally we don't do illegal things to win. I don't want to "win at any cost," only to look back and see I've become what I was fighting against.
05:27 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Barb Hrmn.
They're weakened by their inherent belief in the "good" of all people. Some people just aren't "good" and never will be. Stop letting the R's run the talking game. Set up a D "quick-response team" to refute and call out R lies and misinformation loudly and publicly via the same channels the R's use
05:50 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
The lies and misinformation are called out, instantly, repeatedly, loudly. The media doesn't focus on that. The media focuses on the drama of the GOP and dog whistles. That's not weakness in Dems, it's a fact of MSM.
In response to Tim Graf.
07:06 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Tim Graf
A
You're 100% correct about the MSM, though, and I'm have no idea how to remedy that short of commandeering one of their broadcasts.
07:17 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
In response to Tim Graf.
Unfortunately the high drama of incoherent leadership sells ads and draws in audience. I don't know what to do either.
11:07 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
It's not the Dems saying all people are good. That "good people on both sides" business is all GOP. We've been calling them fascists, insurrectionists, liars, and just about every other name in the book. We don't assume they're all good people. We assume they're NOT.
07:07 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Tim Graf
A
The rank and file of us do that, yes, but it's only been recently that we've seen actual Senators/Reps and other high-profile people in the start doing it. There's still much more they could do, though. Senator Durbin has the power to say "no more blue slips" for judicial noms, but he refuses.
07:16 PM - Apr 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}