Maddow Blog
A
"If a drug’s fate is based not on science but on decisions by judges who are not medical experts, then it will have a chilling effect on pharmaceutical innovation in everything from Alzheimer’s to ALS to diabetes to cancer."
08:32 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Maddow Blog.
Actually, it's worse: If allowed to stand, this sort of judicial interference tells pharma companies that operating in the US is far too risky given drug-development timelines & that they shd move all R&D to other countries. And they will. Pharma companies take on large risks but not unbounded ones.
08:56 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
One of my first thoughts on reading this piece was, well, they can move to Canada, I am sure we would welcome them.
In response to Iz Here.
09:14 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
I know several ppl in pharma R&D. Most already have major development facilities in Europe. I'm sure there's work done in Canada as well - too many excellent unis to waste that talent - but I don't have 1st-hand (or even 2nd-hand) knowledge of the industry there. Curious if anyone else here does.
09:23 PM - Apr 20, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Iz Here.
I am sure they must be looking at Canada. But that is sad, right? I mean, the US has a huge population and if they are denied what the rest of the world or most of it can have, what does that say about the US, 3rd world or worse? I know the rich won't have problems getting their medicine.
09:26 PM - Apr 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}