Brian Nakamoto
A
Sad my fav #MLB AL team is following my former fav #nfl AFC team to #lasvegas .😞IMHO the intangible benefits of being the—namesake—city of a pro sports team offset the tangible cost.#RootedOakland🐘💩 https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2023/04/19/on-the-move-oakland-athletics-announce-las-vegas-land-deal/
01:35 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Nina Thorsen
A
In response to Brian Nakamoto.
Many people will cite the studies showing no $$ benefit to getting a sports franchise - but there's a difference between spending money to attract a team and spending money to keep one. Will the (probable) loss of the A's add to perception that Oakland is in decline and a bad place to do business?
12:53 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Nina Thorsen
A
In response to Nina Thorsen.
As an East Bay resident, I hope not. But as an A's full-season ticket holder, I chose to live where I live in part because I'm 15 minutes from the Coliseum. I'd hoped to get one of the apartments at Howard Terminal. If the team leaves, much of my personal community falls apart.
01:00 PM - Apr 21, 2023
J CAHILL
A
In response to Brian Nakamoto.
Vegas deserves a team. The city of Oakland treats theirs like trash. The math checks out.
01:53 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Brian Nakamoto
A
In response to J CAHILL.
Agree. Disagree. Depends on what's being checked…

I'm a Giants fan first so I'm not too torn up. I have fond memories of A's games & my office is in Oakland. I empathize as a Kings fan. Sac went thru a similar XP but got a new facility built & are on the rise. Howard Terminal would've been awesome.
07:14 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}