Moody Monster
A
What scares you most about allowing yourself to feel your emotions? For me, it comes down to my childhood - I lived in an extremely abusive household where showing my emotions was actually dangerous. They were either a sign of weakness - such as sadness, or a sign of rebellion - such as anger. 1/
11:34 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Moody Monster
A
In response to Moody Monster.
Either sign could create a volatile response from my abuser. What was my only choice (as I saw it as a child)? Just don’t feel them. Push them down and never let them back up. So, at an early age, I learned to disassociate. 2/
11:35 AM - Feb 10, 2023
Moody Monster
A
Many of us were chastised when we were young when we showed our feelings because it made others uncomfortable. Instead of taking care of our precious, growing emotional intelligence, we were taught to keep others’ comfort ahead of our own. That felt bad. It felt like we were not important enough 3/
11:36 AM - Feb 10, 2023 (Edited)
Moody Monster
A
Let me be blunt - do you want your children to feel the way we felt when we were their age? Do you want your kids to put everyone else’s feelings ahead of their own? What good does that do for not only your child but the relationships they have now and in the future? #childrensmentalhealthweek 4/
11:37 AM - Feb 10, 2023 (Edited)
Moody Monster
A
As Russell Wilson said - maybe we’ll leave the world a better place by actually feeling and understanding our emotions. If we and our children can learn to communicate how we feel, then they can move forward as emotionally healthy adults & visionaries for this world. 5/5 #childrensmentalhealthweek
11:41 AM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}