Emily Cobb
A
Is anyone else getting a bunch of new followers who just have a genetic (no image) circle and seem to have like 1 or 2 followers but are following 19 people? Something weird is happening here today.
03:50 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Tony Serrata
A
In response to Emily Cobb.
Pissed off people leaving Twitter who haven't built their profiles yet most likely in most cases. In my case I put my profile together BEFORE following. But generally that's what I've seen on other competing platforms before the profiles are put together.
03:51 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Fredhoof
A
In response to Tony Serrata.
I know that when I signed up Day 1, there was a checkbox I could mark to get a "starter pack" of people to follow. Didn't mark it myself, but I suspect those follows take effect as soon as the account is made, which would be before bio/etc. are filled out.
05:17 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Tony Serrata
A
In response to Fredhoof.
Yea I got that too, but opted to find my own follows which I'm in the process of working on following now. Starting with legacy verified and going from there. Wonder if there will be a blue check option here for those who didn't get it on #Twitter ?
05:19 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Fredhoof
A
I would not be surprised if a verification-from-scratch¹ policy was in the works, but is currently a lower priority than technical aspects (app, threading, optimization, etc.). Quite confident that @cbouzy will announce it when it is ready.

¹: As opposed to the current imported-verification.
In response to Tony Serrata.
05:31 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}