Sassy Musing
A
And this is how it's done. Blue states are stock piling the abortion drug, so that they will have ready access. I'm going to ask again: What can SCOTUS do if we simply ignore their rulings?
karakurt @karakurt
From the West Coast to the Northeast, leaders in blue state America are scrambling to build a bulwark against the conservative attempt to restrict access to abortion medication, navigating a tumultuous and quickly-changing legal landscape.https://t.co/fLdrJ0sxLE
09:17 PM - Apr 21, 2023
09:20 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Chad Jacobson
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
That would devolve into complete lawlessness.
09:23 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Chad Jacobson.
I don't agree. There are centuries of good law out there from SCOTUS. I'm suggesting we ignore the national christian decisions that have been coming out of the court since Trump loaded the court. Why should we follow decisions against civil rights, etc. What can they do to us?
10:09 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Chad Jacobson
A
I agree. I don't believe we should be a nation of Christian Nationalists!
Our rule of law is what separates us from banana republics (I get it, it feels like we're closer than we should be).
In response to Sassy Musing.
10:50 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
In response to Chad Jacobson.
Unfortunately, SCOTUS isn't following the rules of law. That's where the disconnect comes from and why what they're doing will result in the same thing the GQP is trying to do by legislation. GQP removed separation of powers.
10:57 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}