Jason Arnett
A
Maybe it’s because I’m a writer, but I hold reading to be terribly important to the development of vocabulary, critical thinking, and coherent expression of those thoughts. Consume stories however you want, but reading is critical (and may help w stress). https://www.lifehack.org/a...
07:57 AM - Apr 22, 2023
GRANDma isn't Right
A
In response to Jason Arnett.
My parents, especially my Mom, installed a love of reading into me that has never waned.
02:18 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
Altho I am not as adamant a reader as I would like to be bc of severe ADHD issues I am nevertheless something of a wordsmith, a collector of words & someone who still appreciates rich & vast nuances that can be found in the english language.. The art of writing is floundering in the age of immediacy
11:44 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Jason Arnett
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
I’m glad you’re reading however you can.
09:03 AM - Apr 23, 2023
apb612
A
Thanks for sharing this information!
10:09 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Alice
A
I love this, thank you for sharing. I agree with all points. If I read something new I take notes I keep. And, I have to learn to pace myself. My curiosity speeds ahead and that leads to sometimes missing beautiful small pieces in between in my eagerness to see the plot unfold #amreading
10:06 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Jason Arnett
A
In response to Alice.
Taking notes is a good way to solidify ideas. I have what’s termed a “commonplace book” where I keep these kinds of notes, too.
09:05 AM - Apr 23, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:58 AM - Apr 22, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
An emphatic yes to all of the above! Since about the age of 10 I've been a voracious reader and a YA junkie. Wouldn't have it any other way.
09:54 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Mamasaurus Rex
A
This is one of my favourite pastimes. Whether I’m reading on spoutible or reading a book, I really enjoy reading.
09:52 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
And, thanks to TikTok, most kids cannot sustain 15 minutes of reading without a break. I’m deathly afraid we are failing this generation, leaving millions behind.
09:20 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Jason Arnett
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
I don’t think it’s easy to blame any one thing for the decline in reading in general, but I understand your point. I wish newspapers were still a thing.
09:07 AM - Apr 23, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
💯
09:09 AM - Apr 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}