Portia McGonagal
A
I may be an atheist but this needs to happen and I'm glad to see it. I need to see more of it.

"According to PRRI, Americans who have heard of Christian nationalism are twice as likely to hold a negative than a positive view of the term" 1/
11:15 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
So am I. I'm not an atheist, but I left my church years ago due to their decision to mistreat LGBTQ+ people. I've heard way too much of "No real Christians" from others who keep quiet when those who boast their Christian bona fides let their hate flags fly.
08:13 AM - Apr 23, 2023
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
Ah, yes, the No True Scotsman problem also added interest for me to investigate the claims of my own church, which led to me becoming atheist.

FWIW, I've found the most inclusive community of religious ppl to be the Unitarian Universalists. Still a church, but amazingly accepting.
11:09 AM - Apr 24, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
Just like we need white people to stand up to racism, straight cis people to stand up to homophobia and transphobia, and men to stand up to misogyny, we need Christians who believe in democracy and pluralism to own this and not assume the person in the pew next to you understands it. 2/2
11:17 AM - Apr 22, 2023
Vicki with an eye
A
Yes, and this was good to resd too... "What’s different about today’s wave of pluralist resistance is that it has attracted greater numbers of white Christians to a field previously led by non-white Christians and people of other faiths."
10:34 PM - Apr 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}