Allie
A
I'm copying my introduction from my pinned post on Mastodon, but it's going to need to be a thread here.

I'm a late 40-something Australian living in Naarm on the border of unceded Woiworung & Boonwurrung lands.

I've been married for 26+ years, with 4 living kids (aged from 25->10).
08:17 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Allie
A
In response to Allie.
I'm late-diagnosed #autistic (2013), #adhd (2019); in a shock twist, all of our kids are #neurodivergent too. I live with both #anxiety & #depression .

I grew up in a what became a tiny family-based semi-fundamentalist #Pentecostal cult (fundecostal for short), which I didn't leave until I was 26.
08:18 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Allie
A
In response to Allie.
I still regard myself as a #Christian , but it's complicated, see...

Growing up like this meant that I lacked the words & concepts to describe both my #Sexuality & #gender ; it wasn't until 2015 that a Christian counsellor explained that what I was describing was #GenderDysphoria .
08:19 PM - Apr 23, 2023 (Edited)
Allie
A
In response to Allie.
I've spent the last few years dealing with the consequences of coming to understand myself as, by definition, #transgender .

This year I finally accepted that I AM *trans* and it wasn't going away, and came out as a trans woman.

I'm happy to discuss the complexities of that...
08:20 PM - Apr 23, 2023 (Edited)
Allie
A
In response to Allie.
...but I block transphobes. My existence is not something that's up for debate. I fought too hard and for too long to finally accept the reality of this, to have some ideological keyboard warrior attack me for existing.
08:22 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Allie
A
In response to Allie.
I'm prone to oversharing, both personally, & about my special interests.

My job title is "Senior Infrastructure Technician"; in real terms, I live at the intersection of technical & non-technical folks, & my super-power appears to be translating each group to the other.
08:23 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Allie
A
In response to Allie.
My special interests include, but not limited to, #Trans issues, #music (listening & performing), #Movies & #TV (watching & production), #screenwriting , #writing , #gaming , #Computers , #StarTrek , #theology , and #mentalhealth .

So... Hi.

I'm Allie. 🖖
08:23 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Allie
A
OK, because of the way threading works here on Spoutible, I've pinned the LAST post in my thread as my intro post. Click on this, and then scroll back to the top to read the whole thing in order :)
In response to Allie.
08:30 PM - Apr 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}