Sofia Wyciślik-Wilson
A
My early browsings of Spoutible make it hard to work out what sort of vibe is here. I don't get the community feel of Mastodon, but there's also not the coldness I've found at T2.

I guess it will take time, and I'll need to make the effort to find my tribe here!
10:36 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Allie
A
In response to Sofia Wyciślik-Wilson.
Yup. It's a little hard to get a read on it right now. It took me months to really pin down Mastodon, and I have a "main" account there, and a "trans" account where I mainly talk about trans stuff with other trans folks, and those two accounts have very different feels.
10:53 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Sofia Wyciślik-Wilson
A
In response to Allie.
I don't think I have the energy to maintain two Mastodon accounts! I did notice that the sense of community on Mastodon made me comfortable sharing much more personal stuff (including transition and depression) than on Twitter. Here, I feel a bit lost at the moment 😃
11:21 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Nefarious Newt
A
It's different because the site isn't feeding you content. I liken it to a cocktail party where you have to swirl around and mingle, as opposed to being stuck at a carnival with barkers shouting at.
10:45 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Tim Graf
A
Welcome! And yes, it does take a bit more effort to find your people. On the other hand, there are a lot more of them here, so they're easier to find. ;-)
10:38 PM - Apr 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}