Shua
A
05:20 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Frederick Levick
A
In response to Shua.
What is the basis of morality? Who determines what is right and wrong and what is the source of that authority?
05:25 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Shua
A
In response to Frederick Levick.
What does harm to others, what does not? What is the greatest good for the greatest number? Inside of every individual resides a voice that says, this is wrong, or this is right. Whether or not individuals listen to that voice is the basis of free will. Or ask, would I want this done to me?
05:31 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Frederick Levick
A
As it says in my profile: “ What is hateful to you do not do to your neighbor. This is the whole Torah; all the rest is commentary.”

But we seem to live in a world where there are many people who may not ascribe to that philosophy. Who don’t have that inner voice; who discount it as “wokeness.”
In response to Shua.
05:42 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Shua
A
In response to Frederick Levick.
1) The golden rule, appears all over the world and across time. To do unto others as you would have done unto you...is in some form or fashion present since written language began. No religion owns it. And yes, there are plenty of people who do not adhere to it...
06:28 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Shua
A
In response to Shua.
2) Interestingly, in this country for sure, so many of the "anti-woke" rhetoric to which you referred, now appears to prevalently reside within people who self identify as Christian...while completely disregarding the teachings of Christ. There's no morality in that.
06:32 PM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}