Jeffrey Lieber
A
Mastodon has some interface challenges. Trying this to see how it goes.
David August @davidaugust
Why here and not Mastodon? On Mastodon no one person or company owns it so less prone to the Twitter-like problems. Right?
02:09 AM - Apr 25, 2023
07:34 AM - Apr 25, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
In response to Jeffrey Lieber.
That's an understatement!

Use our system but not our interface. Seems legit.
07:37 AM - Apr 25, 2023
David August
A
In response to Peter G Mitchell 😎.
Mastodon, like early Twitter, has a whole bunch of apps so you can choose an interface you like. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you mean.
07:55 AM - Apr 25, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
In response to David August.
I joined The Bird in 2015. Heard about it at launch. Should have joined but would have left by now!

Joined several others but Mastodon is the only one that said they weren't the browser {my word!}. I had no problem going direct but whatever. Got an interface but M never took off for me.
09:19 AM - Apr 25, 2023
David August
A
What made Mastodon not take off for you? Or more accurately, what would have made it take off and work for you?
09:40 AM - Apr 25, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
This is like an exit interview...

I start by posting the same stuff everywhere. If there's an appetite, I post more.

I also look for the same content everywhere (other than what I post).

I follow people, some people follow back.

None of that took off at Mastodon but it sure did at Spoutible.
10:23 AM - Apr 25, 2023
David August
A
How long did you try Mastodon for? I’ve been on their only months and already have community and conversations, including industry conversations, rivaling what took many years to build on Twitter.
03:58 PM - Apr 25, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
I joined M around December. Same as CounterSocial and Post. I got a lot more traction at Post than the other 2 but none compare to 3 months at Spoutible.

Here I talk about everything, from politics to classic cars. There may be specific audiences for the other 3 but I'm good here.
05:55 PM - Apr 25, 2023
David August
A
Ok. I hope things here don’t go the way Twitter has been. That’s my biggest concern here.
06:00 PM - Apr 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}