Liberal Educator
A
Oh yeah so when are we going to start panicking about debt ceiling?? Like we’re staring down the barrel of a global recession
10:39 PM - Apr 25, 2023
CShoecraft_1928
A
I don’t want panic but I do want strategic and methodical attention paid to it. It’s no different than a household. You can’t spend like a drunken sailor (no offense Sailors). First I want that unwarranted and unnecessary tax cut for the rich back!
In response to Liberal Educator.
10:44 PM - Apr 25, 2023
Liberal Educator
A
In response to CShoecraft_1928.
There is a difference in talking about paying off bills we’ve already accrued and future spending. The budget argument can happen after the debt ceiling has been raised.
10:51 PM - Apr 25, 2023
CShoecraft_1928
A
Although they’re two different things, we knew we had commitments when we gave rich people tax cuts. It’s like promising to take care of a parent telling someone who owes me money they don’t have to pay and then telling the parent I can’t help. You can’t
06:42 AM - Apr 28, 2023
CShoecraft_1928
A
Agreed there’s a difference. There’s current debts that are also tied to future commitments we’ve made to some Americans based on current and future tax receipts. Those tax cuts for the rich have a bearing on meeting those future commitments to them right? Now they want to renig on those promises.
06:53 AM - Apr 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}