Doubtrageous
A
Yeah, I would be willing to hand over my electronic tissue dispenser and Skittles flavored toothpaste in a heartbeat for a better way.
Anton Brakhage @Anton_Brakhage
Capitalism is a fairly recent invention in human history, and there is no reason to believe that it is inherently the best system to which humanity can aspire. It certainly has not lead to an equitable distribution of wealth, or even of opportunity, in practice.
02:45 AM - Apr 26, 2023
03:31 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Doubtrageous.
I'm not even against private property, or the occasional little comfort or luxury. What I'm against is vast wealth in the hands of the few.

Nobody can tell me "they earned it". I am not so lacking in self-esteem that I believe Elon Musk is literally millions of times more deserving than me.
03:38 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Doubtrageous
A
Me either, but I think that's where awareness starts. If the people with money stopped spending so frivolously capital would have to respond with tightening wages, child labor, and abhorrent quality. Hopefully to the point where all but the most privileged would feel compelled to respond.
In response to Anton Brakhage.
03:41 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Doubtrageous.
They're already doing all that shit regardless.

What we need is to get rid of Citizens United, get a liveable minimum wage, and basic income, and start taking climate change seriously- and to pay for it with taxes on the very wealthy.

And if we can't get that by voting, we need a general strike.
03:45 AM - Apr 26, 2023
Lightstar (I Follow Back)
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I like the way you think
09:19 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}