Robert Reich
A
It’s an illusion to think we can make any major progress in this country without getting corporate money out of politics. It is the root of all evil in Washington.
01:43 PM - Apr 26, 2023
That's HEDLEY!
A
In response to Robert Reich.
I think all private donations should be outlawed. All elections should be publicly funded with each viable candidate getting the same amount of money. This levels the playing field, eliminates what amounts to bribery, and frees politicians up to do their jobs instead of constantly fundraising.
11:45 AM - May 01, 2023
JayTuma1 (She/Her)
A
In response to That's HEDLEY!.
And, there should be a limit on advertising. No political ads until 30 days before the election, including runoffs and special elections.
02:51 PM - Aug 21, 2023
dmark
A
In response to That's HEDLEY!.
I agree. There should also be mandatory voting like Australia has.
I would offer a non-binding None Of The Above option.
10:03 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Susan Stoffregen
B
Amen
11:28 PM - Apr 30, 2023
John Scott
A
Short of public funding (gold standard) I think contributions to candidates should be limited to constituents. If you can't vote for the candidate, you can't contribute to the candidate. Corporations can't vote. PACs can't vote. Yes, even unions can't vote. Won't happen but a boy can dream.
06:12 PM - Apr 30, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Sonya Meadows
A
…and there is a lot of evil in Washington.
05:47 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Lindy Davis
A
Not just corporate money,
but foreign adversary money, too.
Void Citizens United.
03:17 PM - Apr 26, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
In response to Lindy Davis.
Support Move to Amend any way you can, and lobby your congresscritters to pass the We the People amendment, to accomplish just that.
11:48 PM - Apr 26, 2023
JZGurl73
A
In response to Lindy Davis.
Ok that is the shit that drives me nuts Like I can sorta logic away the need for corporate funds for the worst of them but foreign coffers should ALWAYS be refused and reported But do I believe that happens No I do not Fkn this sucks so hard knowing Russia and China control the GOP more than anyone
07:10 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Tim Graf
A
Agreed, and a huge chunk of that is reversing and/or negating Citizens United.
03:01 PM - Apr 26, 2023
RexRath
A
Amen to that.
01:59 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
No. That would be white supremacy.
01:51 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
That was true until about 2015

Corporate money is still the 2nd greatest root of evil in politics, and the laws enabling it must go, as they enable the greatest threat

>Foreign (RUS, CCP, etc.) money / influence/ disinfo/ asymmetric-warfare being welcomed by trans-national fascists (GOP is a part)
01:49 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}