Julie Kleinbach
A
Representative Zephyr has 5 minutes to make remarks.
(Re-posting Erin Reed's live coverage of the Montana Leg)
03:31 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Julie Kleinbach
A
In response to Julie Kleinbach.
"This legislature has systematically attacked that community. We have seen bills targeting our art forms, our books, our history, and our healthcare. And I rose up in defense of my community that day, speaking to harms that these bills bring."
03:33 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Julie Kleinbach
A
Rep Casey Knudsen is calling this self protection.

Says they will exercise the right to do so, because she stood up and raised up her microphone to give her people a voice.
03:42 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Julie Kleinbach
A
Representative Howell, nonbinary rep:

"We are here because we are struggling with a debate we have had since the beginning of this session on a set of bills. Bills that directly impact the safety of the LGBT community. Not one Dem brought any of those bills."
03:43 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Julie Kleinbach
A
"It is deeply unsurprisingly to me that the community responded the way it did. Its not just one of our own that has been silenced. It happened after a session where bills have targeted us, struggling for equal treatment under the law."
03:44 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Julie Kleinbach
A
"The right to protest is a clearly upheld right in the state and US constitution and we took oaths to protect that constitution."
"Though I love my job, I have faced a series of deeply offensive behaviors. There [is a] pattern of unwillingness to listen to a diverse set of opinions in front of us."
03:45 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}