Joy Reid
A
If anyone out there can explain this, I'd be interested in hearing an answer...
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
I honestly don't understand why Fox News didn't settle months ago. This is so bizarre.
04:22 PM - Apr 26, 2023
05:38 PM - Apr 26, 2023
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Joy Reid.
My guess is that Smartmatic want to give it to Fox good and hard, so they have no interest in settling.
09:49 AM - Oct 22, 2023
Connie Gidice
A
In response to Joy Reid.
Fox/the Murdochs are like the orange criminal. They think they can wear anyone down via pit bull lawyers, threats and delays. When it didn't happen and the imminent threat of Rupert testifying arrived - that was it. It was stopped and they settled.
05:58 PM - Apr 30, 2023
HeartDoc Andrew
A
In response to Joy Reid.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:01 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Alexander Nevrmind
B
In response to Joy Reid.
Somewhere between depositions and the trial, FQX realized they were screwed. That and Dominion didn’t like their offer. Mix that with their election lies being on display for a jury, and a pinch of Abby Grossman and you have a recipe for last minute settlement.
07:42 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Dave Thompson
A
In response to Joy Reid.
It’s not Fox News that’s paying, it’s their insurance policy paying. My guess is their insurer decided to throw in the towel due to the risk of large punitive damages.
11:20 PM - Apr 26, 2023
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Dave Thompson.
Seems like most large corporations are self-insured but maybe that doesn't extend to liability. You would think an insurance company would be crazy to insure Fox against libel.
09:47 AM - Oct 22, 2023
VanceInLA
B
In response to Joy Reid.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
06:49 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Michael Swogger
A
In response to Joy Reid.
It's not solely up to them when and how the settlement comes, no?
06:44 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Lance Halvorsen
A
In response to Joy Reid.
Not sure if this is the right way to do this (still learning!), but here's my response to the original @cbouzy spout: https://spoutible.com/thre...
06:42 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Lance Halvorsen
A
In response to Lance Halvorsen.
Say @cbouzy , just saw a bug. When posting a link to a spout in a response (just above), the HTML entity encoding doesn't convert back to the actual character (a single quote). This is in Chrome on a laptop.
06:46 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Brit Scot ☮️
A
In response to Joy Reid.
I for one look at this as the stupidity of Rupert Murdoch and his legal team, and as a result we were given ALL of the correspondence (evidence)and the actual deposition of Murdoch. Therefore the question does not matter why to me.
✌️🇬🇧
06:09 PM - Apr 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (MzKreant) can see their posts

Tim Graf
A
In response to Joy Reid.
The only thing I can think of (apologies if someone else has already said this) is that Smartmatic said publicly that they're going to court and they won't settle. However, judges and juries being the risky things they are, we shall see if they stand by that statement.
05:55 PM - Apr 26, 2023
dariasteigman
A
In response to Joy Reid.
Best guess: Smartmatic isn't done inflicting pain?
Plus, their settlement number will likely be ever bigger -- and they're probably still asking for a public apology.
05:50 PM - Apr 26, 2023
VotingMatters ⚖️.
A
In response to Joy Reid.
Trump school of lawsuits
05:45 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}