Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
It was only a matter of time after Clarence Thomas dog-whistling to the GOP state legislatures to send the Extreme Court a test case to allow them to overturn Obergefell aka Marriage Equality..

This spout was deleted.

08:02 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Deb
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
He’s got to be careful with this, all the fight to marry laws are based upon Loving, which allowed Thomas to marry his white wife. Could his marriage be declared illegal by an extreme jurist? How could overturn others without overturning Loving?
08:44 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Deb.
Exactly, but even if Loving were overturned in some fashion I am certain it would merely effect future marriages & not current interracial marriages but it is Thomas' smugness in thinking nobody would ever even mention his glaring omission of the one privacy act in Loving that would effect him..
09:23 PM - Apr 26, 2023
D V
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
I totally agree. I said it after Roe was overturned. Contraception. Voting rights, marriage equality... any form of control and suppression of rights are the goal.
08:10 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to D V.
Clarence Thomas is willing to take away everyone else's rights of privacy EXCEPT his own which is to say he never mentions the Loving decision which made interracial marriage legal that he seems okay with..Hypocrites the lot of them.. It will see a court expansion in the end the public will revolt..
08:16 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}