Read aBannedBook
A
It's time to choose the 3rd #SpoutibleBannedBookClub book for May 2023!

Please answer the poll and echo now or bookmark to echo later to make sure everyone who is interested sees the poll and has the chance to participate. I'll announce the winner on May 1st. #SBBC

Thanks so much!

All Boys Aren\'t Blue

Caste by Wilkerson

The Hate U Give

Out of Darkness by Perez

169 votes — 09:44 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
We're reading #caste based on the poll results at 12:01am May 1st USA EST. Discussion begins May 22nd. Join us! #SBBC
10:40 AM - May 01, 2023
A work in progress
A
While these are all great choices, Caste by Isabel Wilkerson changes, enhances and educates building a new lense through which we look at racism. In a caste system we all play a part. It’s not us versus them, it’s simply all of us.
A must read.
10:45 AM - Apr 30, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
I voted for The Hate U Give, though I've only seen the movie. It seems like it could be an incredibly moving and leave a lasting mark on each of us. THAT is why a lot of these books are being banned, we cant have students reading books that open their eyes to a new point of view. We fear the unknown
11:44 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Brian Green
A
I own a lot of "banned books" that really aren't on the currently banned books anymore because they are no longer "popular." All from 70s, 80s, and 90s. I guess soon enough when they reach the "re-banned" list, they will be cool again!
01:47 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Brian Green.
Most of my shelf is composed of books being banned now, I got my copy of "Maus", A graphic novel depicting the horrors of the holocaust with mice. Might I suggest "Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close" for a future book nomination. I read it for a development so psychology class and it stuck with me
11:39 PM - Apr 29, 2023
K Ray
A
Just HAD to vote for my niece Ashley!
09:47 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}