Chana Jackson
A
Why does the timeline only scroll back such a short way? And how the heck do you add #AltText #FirstWave but still learning the ropes.

AltText: Person running into a stone wall and bouncing down to the ground.
09:28 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Sara Chirico
A
In response to Chana Jackson.
Until you build up your follow list it's best to scroll on the 'explore' tab. You'll meet a lot more people that way.
09:31 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Chana Jackson
A
In response to Sara Chirico.
Thanks Sara, but I still don't get why it just stops scrolling. Even if my TL only had my follows, they've been posting since day one and scrolling only takes me back about 2 hours.
09:44 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Gregg DiChiara
A
Hi Chana. The site has been scaling up with the user requests for the past few weeks. In order to manage the volume, I think @Spoutible has limited the data to load so that the overall exp for all users is satisfactory. I think as more servers get added, the limitations will ease up.
09:54 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Chana Jackson
A
In response to Gregg DiChiara.
Thanks for explaining Gregg! I have no need to scroll back, just wanted to know why. I appreciate all the work happening on the backend and am so grateful for this space.
09:58 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Gregg DiChiara
A
Also, from the "Timeline" view, if you reach the bottom, then scroll back up a few posts and then do a 'flick' to the end, more spouts will load. From the "Explore" view, the "show more" button will display for abt 3x before no more will load.
10:10 PM - Feb 10, 2023
Dana
A
Thanks—I was wondering this too. Glad I’m not the only one and good to see the response.
10:53 PM - Feb 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}