♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
No one is above ethics or the law.
Maddow Blog @MaddowBlog
Alex Wagner shares new reporting from Politico on Justice Neil Gorsuch's involvement in an ethically dubious real estate deal, new Bloomberg reporting on Justice Thomas' ignored ethical conflicts, and Chief Justice John Roberts declining a request to testify to the Senate about ethical issues.
05:04 PM - Apr 26, 2023
05:45 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Marsha Gresko
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
SCOTUS is a religious tribunal that has positioned itself above the law. The immediate remedy is to expand the court. The Senate is blowing it by not replacing Feinstein so no Justice can be subpoenaed b/c they don't have the votes. SCOTUS is free and clear at this point.
06:01 PM - Apr 26, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to Marsha Gresko.
18th century America would be gobsmacked that SCOTUS now has.not just one but 6 or.7 Justices who are Catholic. Sotomayor is Catholic, but she understands the separations. She was in the dissent for Dobbs.
09:37 AM - Apr 27, 2023
Marsha Gresko
A
Historically, it was an major issue that John Kennedy was elected president as a Catholic. It was a huge deal at the time.
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
01:29 PM - Apr 27, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to Marsha Gresko.
I remember when I learned about it more in high school history . I'm Irish Catholic, and my dad told me about Kennedy years before that lesson.
01:59 PM - Apr 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}