Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
I feel comfortable speaking on the subject of rape bc I was a victim of it 3 decades ago & like Carroll I can't tell you the date or the exact years but I can never forget the actual acts of violence perpetrated against me those images will never fade away & how dare someone try to deny the pain..
08:46 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Metl Mann
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Exactly, you don't remember dates and times. But you remember faces, actions, clothes etc. A guy exposed himself to me on two different occasions at Texas A&M back in the 70s. He did it carefully, even while other people were around, but in a way that I could see it. Sneaky perverts abound sadly.
12:35 AM - Apr 28, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Metl Mann.
I was lulled into a false sense of security by my assailant, my doctor beginning at the age of 13, & as I came to him thru being made a ward of the state after suffering terrible abuse in my parents home, so he used a process of reward & kindness to make me think I should trust him, I was wrong..
03:15 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
I'm sorry.

I was as well. Parts of it are vivid. Parts of it are fog. Trauma messes with memory--and a lot of other parts of us.
10:08 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Thanks. I actually wasn't being honest when I said I felt "comfortable" talking about rape. I am anything but comfortable but I still decided to open up about my experiences from decades ago when I was just a child.. I've never tried to really talk about it before, even in therapy bc I felt shame..
10:14 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Mimi K
A
I'm so sorry that happened to you or anyone for that matter. I was not raped but I was molested, I cannot recall the year but I still remember the smell of his cologne. One whiff and it takes me back. I thought I was crazy until I saw Dr. Christine Blasey Ford testify about her memory experience,
10:03 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Mimi K.
No dear you're not crazy many survivors of sexual assault & to be clear molestation is sexual assault will often block the memories of these events for years or decades to self sooth over the events having taken place.. I have suffered from severe PTSD since I was a teen to this very day..
10:08 PM - Apr 27, 2023
EdaIris??
A
People think 3 decades is too long to remember anything about an assault but it's not. It never goes away. You just learn to push it off, hide it somewhere for as long as you can till a trigger shows up. A look, smell or song. Then you start all over trying to get back to where you were.
09:52 PM - Apr 27, 2023

Only followers of this user (MaryPocrnic) can see their posts

MsFahrenheit
A
I'm so sorry. #MeToo You own this and can speak up and out or to yourself. No one gets to tell you anything. You take back the control.
08:52 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to MsFahrenheit.
Honestly I had to force myself to post the post bc men don't discuss such things bc there is a stigma of weakness around admitting it occurred at all, something men do NOT want to haver reconcile as even plausible let alone a reality in this country.. But it happened & it changed my life forever..
09:11 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Sheilah Hayden
A
The idea that raped women come forward for a fucking check is the biggest misogynist fallacy ever.
08:50 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Sheilah Hayden.
I had the opportunity decades ago to join a lawsuit with other teenaged boys against one of the men who attacked me(a Dr) & I was so terrified to have anyone know as if it were my fault it even happened that I chose to lie when questioned about it by lawyers.. So no money does not help one recover.
09:16 PM - Apr 27, 2023
Dalton N. Drake
A
In response to Sheilah Hayden.
It really is just vile. There's really no bottom for these people in the well of deep-seated loathing for decency.
06:38 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Josol
A
I am so sorry you had to go through that.😔
08:48 PM - Apr 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}