Betsy Muse
A
It took one day for Bluesky to prove me wrong.

Last night, Matt Yglesias had his life threatened and he was bullied off the platform.

He's not my favorite journalist, but the response from the team is, "We're working on a block feature," because apparently violence is OK if you can't see it.
Betsy Muse @Betsy
Twitter was a strong promotional/marketing channel for me and I still feel uncomfortable jumping right into that on Spoutible.

I'm on Bluesky and, while I haven't seen anyone being ugly, it def has the frat boy shit-posting vibe that leads me to not take it seriously as a platform.
07:03 PM - Apr 27, 2023
11:38 AM - Apr 28, 2023
Top General
A
In response to Betsy Muse.
Not surprised since frat boy 1 made all these socials possible
02:43 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Chris MacDhomnuill
A
Anything twitter jack is involved in is an automatic pass for me. I was on twitter for 11 years and it took all of the senior management team to keep jack from making it as bad as musk has. Blue sky is just another truth social in the making.
12:55 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Betsy Muse
A
In response to Chris MacDhomnuill.
I've been on twitter 15 years this month, but I wasn't always active on the site. I also pretty much ignored Jack until the past couple of years, so am not all that aware of things that happened beyond my personal experience.
01:03 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
You mean the Twitter clone produced by the guy who used to own Twitter and did very little to stop that kind of behavior on said platform?
12:25 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Betsy Muse
A
In response to Alfalpha Male ✔️.
Yes... and, it is almost embarrassing that I'm surprised at this, but here we are. 🙃
12:40 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Lotusland Comics
A
no block feature? Matt is a POS, so I understand the reaction but unfettered attacks like that mean it'll happen to good people too.
12:21 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Betsy Muse
A
In response to Lotusland Comics.
It felt like a coordinated attack. He was sent an invite code and they seemed to be waiting for him.

Crazy to see it play out live in the "What's Hot" feed. At least one community leader was cheering them on. (Not a team member)
12:35 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Ground Control
A
Wow...just wow. I'd think that would be something you'd have in your beta version of your nascent platform.
12:19 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Jasmine A.
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
11:58 AM - Apr 28, 2023
Betsy Muse
A
In response to Jasmine A..
No. You can mute someone, but it takes several clicks to do so.
12:27 PM - Apr 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}