Andrea Blythe
A
By way of #introduction : Hi! I'm a published poet (with a new poetry book coming out this year). I'm also a game writer, who has completed two solo projects and also who works with indie devs.

I would love to talk #books #Poetry #games #gamewriting #gamedevelopment #horror #scifi #fantasy
03:49 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Hulk SmashStupid
A
My son graduated last year with a degree in gaming & interactive media development. He’s having trouble getting interviews due to lack of the required 3-5 years of job experience. I’d appreciate your thoughts on what people in his situation should do to get their foothold in the industry.
In response to Andrea Blythe.
04:03 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Andrea Blythe
A
In response to Hulk SmashStupid.
Make games. There are tons of free tools out there to make games on your own (which is how I got my freelance work) to build experience & a portfolio.

I also recommend joining game jams (there's lost on itch.io) and finding a team to work with, since it's important to show you can collaborate well.
04:09 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Andrea Blythe
A
I wish your son the best of luck!
04:09 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Hulk SmashStupid
A
Thank you so much!! I’m already encouraging him to do his own indy work and will add your 2nd suggestion to the list. That sounds like a great way to build a personal brand while building a portfolio of work!
07:39 PM - Apr 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}