Claudia Citro
A
People in the real world know that children come into their parents lives in many ways.

Biological mother is a mother
Stepmother is a mother
Adoptive mother is a mother
Mentor-mother is a mother
Foster mother is a mother
09:41 PM - Apr 28, 2023
Conflicted Sister
A
In response to Claudia Citro.
If only the person who physically has a baby is a mother, does that ameliorate the guilt of mothers who have no capacity to love and care for their own children? I’m not saying that’s what her problem is, I’m just asking if that’s what’s behind this bazaar, antisocial take on family structures.
09:58 AM - Apr 30, 2023
Sarah Daniel
A
OK, so a woman pregnant after a rape can't abort the fetus because that's murder and besides she can always have the baby adopted - but the adoptive mother isn't a biological mother so that's out. So where does it go? Into a cage until it can be put to work?
10:41 AM - Apr 29, 2023
The Phantom.
A
In response to Sarah Daniel.
Frankly, yes. Two goals - 1) displace the immigrant worker 2) increase the number of future white voters.
11:01 AM - Apr 29, 2023
Jean Wiley
A
In response to Sarah Daniel.
It is no coincidence that red states are also working to repeal and soften child labor laws! Need that subdued, oppressed working class, don't you know.
12:16 PM - Apr 29, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Exactly. Children cannot have too much love, guidance and acceptance in their lives. Sometimes it's a biological parent, and sometimes it's adoptive, step, a friend, a neighbor, Aunt or Grandma. I've been called Mom by most of my daughter's friends. It's flattering. I was only gifted with one child.
10:24 PM - Apr 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}